Custom Background

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Balancing Act

Why is it always so hard to manage our time? Whether it is school, work, family, friends, or all of the above, there are always challenges when it comes to finding balance. For me, it has been a struggle for a while, but throwing a child in the mix just makes it that much harder to achieve the highly sought-after luxury of balance!

I would love to be one of those mothers who doesn't have to work, and who has a maid, a nanny, and a personal assistant. That would definitely help achieve balance in my life. But the fact is, everything that needs to be done needs to be done by me, and there really is not a thing in my life that can suffer right now. I have to take care of Micah, that's a given. I have to get my work done so we can buy food. I now need to worry about working off this baby weight, and eat right, so skipping a workout or ordering a pizza when I don't feel like cooking really isn't an option anymore. I need to make sure the house stays clean for my own sanity. I need to still be a wife to Leon, and I definitely need to spend some time with God at some point during my day. Why does this all seem so overwhelming and impossible to achieve?

I don't have the answer. I wish I did. But I do know that in the Bible it says "Write the vision and make it plain..." (Habakkuk 2:2). So I have started writing down the plan for my day. I list what I need to accomplish, and when. It is helping, though everything still seems overwhelming. But I am sure that with enough practice, we can all achieve the balance we are looking for in our lives. At least I hope so.

Any advice on how balance has been achieved in your life when things seem overwhelming? Are there any super-mom pills out there? Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment