Custom Background

Monday, August 30, 2010

Focus is everything

I sit here, trying to get some work done this Monday morning, after having been awakened by a crying baby at 5am, with no relief until he just went back to sleep at 8. I am tired, I am frustrated, and I am wishing I had the luxury of going back to sleep for a while. But unfortunately, I don't.

As I stumble my way through this enigma called parenting, I am starting to realize that focus is everything. When I stumble my tired body into Micah's room in the middle of the night, I have a choice...I can choose to be focused on how ridiculous it is that my sleeping-through-the-night 2 1/2 month old is waking up, or I can choose to use this as an opportunity to hug and cuddle my super-active-baby-who-never-wants-to-be-cuddled.

I think that also applies to all aspects of our lives. Do we see rush-hour traffic, or a chance to be quiet in our own thoughts? Financial struggles, or a lesson in how to better manage money? Fighting with our spouse, or an opportunity for greater closeness?


As I learned this lesson myself this morning, I encourage everyone to focus on the positive of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment